Sitting on the computer tonight I realized something.
It's about time I stopped for a minute to admit this to myself. I guess subconsciously I've known this all along, but just tonight when I decided to make something for my sister did it dawn on me that I could've planned this project better.
I'm making something fairly simple - a zippered wristlet. This in itself is a huge feat because nothing I've made so far has come out properly. Not the hat, not the shirt, not the skirt, not the purse. A lack of fundamentals will do that to you, but I digress. I've been moving along at a nice clip, even got the zipper in in a manner I think will turn out halfway decent. Suddenly - a pause. How do I want to attach the strap? How big? Where's the pattern I cut like, 2 months ago? Do I have a D-ring? Why didn't I bite the bullet and buy that expensive ass measuring tool?
You see where I'm going here? I am woefully unprepared.
My sewing room is a mess. My pattern is MIA. My focus is waning.
She'll be here tomorrow. I can't stop.
What am I going to do? Probably work for another 30 minutes to close up the open sides and re-evaluate tomorrow. We need to make a trip outside tomorrow anyway, so I can pick up a fastener and a clasp. No D-ring. I just need to get the wristlet all wrapped up tonight so that's all I need to do.
Will it work? Who knows. I'm getting sleepier by the minute and I promised myself I would do day 3 of my 60 day bible reading tonight. I guess it would be better if my room was clean, the pattern was front and center and I had all the tools. However, since it just dawned on me about mid-afternoon that I should tackle this tonight it was kind of short notice.
This is me. Biting off about the max I can chew if not a little more and with little to no planning.
Planning is not my strong suit.
It's about time I stopped for a minute to admit this to myself. I guess subconsciously I've known this all along, but just tonight when I decided to make something for my sister did it dawn on me that I could've planned this project better.
I'm making something fairly simple - a zippered wristlet. This in itself is a huge feat because nothing I've made so far has come out properly. Not the hat, not the shirt, not the skirt, not the purse. A lack of fundamentals will do that to you, but I digress. I've been moving along at a nice clip, even got the zipper in in a manner I think will turn out halfway decent. Suddenly - a pause. How do I want to attach the strap? How big? Where's the pattern I cut like, 2 months ago? Do I have a D-ring? Why didn't I bite the bullet and buy that expensive ass measuring tool?
You see where I'm going here? I am woefully unprepared.
My sewing room is a mess. My pattern is MIA. My focus is waning.
She'll be here tomorrow. I can't stop.
What am I going to do? Probably work for another 30 minutes to close up the open sides and re-evaluate tomorrow. We need to make a trip outside tomorrow anyway, so I can pick up a fastener and a clasp. No D-ring. I just need to get the wristlet all wrapped up tonight so that's all I need to do.
Will it work? Who knows. I'm getting sleepier by the minute and I promised myself I would do day 3 of my 60 day bible reading tonight. I guess it would be better if my room was clean, the pattern was front and center and I had all the tools. However, since it just dawned on me about mid-afternoon that I should tackle this tonight it was kind of short notice.
This is me. Biting off about the max I can chew if not a little more and with little to no planning.
No comments:
Post a Comment