Monday, June 18, 2012

Blackout


What does a blog look like when life gets busy and then you have no inspiration do any of your designated hobbies*? It looks just like this one right here.  Total blackout.

I’ve been neglectful of my newer hobbies but I’ve had the opportunity to dive back into one that is lifelong: reading.

I read three books last week. I’m starting a new book tonight and have probably 5 more books in my Kindle for PC app. On Friday, I get paid and get to order my new Kindle with a keyboard.  I know the Kindle fire is out, but until/unless they add free 3G to it so I can buy a book on a whim I’ll pass.  And I don’t mean 3G all the time, I mean just like it is on the original, the touch and the keyboard.  Free for book buying.

My 2 cent?  The Kindle touch is hella glitchy and there’s no home button on it so you need to hit the back button twice to get to the home screen. I just didn’t like it so much. Nice concept, poor execution. The Kindle keyboard (as we affectionately call it in my home) is not as intuitive as I think it should be, but it’s much more user friendly than the touch. And the fire needs 3G or I'd be getting that.

That’s where I am. I do have some small projects planned for summer that will trigger posting. And I’ll try to remember to do the monthly updates so you can see what I’m reading.

So long until next week.


*I have been consistently lifting but am at the point I need a routine tweak.  I've put on 8 pounds of muscle but lost no fat. That's no good.  Details will follow as I decide what’s next.

No comments:

Post a Comment