Thursday, August 13, 2015

Everywhere and Nowhere

See that right there?  That's where I've been.

Let me give you an update on what my life has been like since my last post, almost 18 months ago.

I went through one more semester of school, Fall 2014, and then withdrew.  The chairman of my program was unnecessarily stubborn and quite frankly, so was I in reaction to him.  But I needed to go back to work and he wasn't helping my cause. 

Also, any advisor that will tell a student to quit their job if their education is important rather than using his power to schedule evening classes so we (the student body at large) can, you know, live, is quite frankly an asshole. (This didn't happen to me, but to a pair of classmates of mine.)

Back in October I was lucky enough to get a part-time job in my new field that worked around my school schedule.  I was unlucky enough to be the last person hired so when they lost a large client it was me and the offset guy who got the boot.

In other new, my beloved gym closed.  I am now doing StrongLifts 5X5 at an inexpensive, local gym with not enough equipment and too many dudes that like supersetting and hogging equipment.  Since I have been diagnosed with a condition that is helped by working out, I am usually there three times per week and working my way up to 5 workout sessions weekly.

I say usually because last week I was diagnosed with pneumonia and WHO KNOWS how long it will be before I can go back.  Ugh.  I hate it. And I don't seem to be on the pneumonia weight loss plan.  Not only am I cooped up in the house, but there is also nothing to show for it.

I haven't sewn a thing in years. At least since I went back to school.  At present, my hair is a dry, crunchy, jumbled mess upon my head.  Sickness will make you stop caring about the state of your hair real quick, especially when the sickness is painful.  There is no crafting going on because I have too many things on my list of things to learn.  So yeah, I guess I should get around to changing this blog header soon.

About 2 weeks ago I started a code immersion class and OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO?!  In eight weeks we're learning Ruby, Ruby on Rails, HTML, CSS, Ajax and Javascript.  The pace is a bit faster than I would like but I'm realizing there was nothing but fear holding me back from pursuing some of these things previously.  If I remember to come back I'll be sure to talk more about this again.

Lastly, as much as I am a lover of summer, I am primed and ready for fall.

Till next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment