Monday, March 26, 2012

I didn't really fall off the face of the Earth...

it just feels like I did.

HEY!!  'Memba me?



I know I have been seriously slacking in the blogging department but when I start to get stressed I get sleepy, unmotivated and retreat to tv and time with the husband.  So let me give you a recap.

I accepted a separation package on 2/27
My kitty died on 2/29
The job search began on 3/5
My last day of work was 3/23

So here I sit today - almost happily unemployed and needing to get back into the swing of things.

This morning I got up without a plan except to to search.  It's proving difficult without the structure of a workday.  I was used to getting up at a certain time, eating by a certain time, accomplishing tasks by a certain time.  Now, everything just kind of runs together and it's only day 1!  I didn't have breakfast until 11AM.

This has to stop.  Since I am now fully in charge of the when and how, I need to create a schedule for my days.  This should include carrying my happy behind to the gym while everyone is at work prospering.  I'm also going to attempt to work in planned learnig and all the things this blog was meant to be about.  Crafts, food, Natural hair and taking pictures. 

So let's update those four shall we?

Crafts - MIA. Haven't done anything since Christmas. I have a couple of home improvement things I'd like to do that kinda (but not really) fall into the crafting realm.

Food - horrible. My eating an cooking are all over the place. 

Hair - I have pictures! I just got a cut last week.  I'll put these up soon.  I'm getting another cut in about 7 weeks and will keep to an every 8 week schedule probably for the rest of the year.  I have a lot of damaged ends because you really can't neglect your hair just because it isn't permed, and that's essentially what I did this winter.  Bad Summer.  :(

Photos - Nothing here either.  I have decided that I want to attend some kind of local classes, but need information on pricing, etc.  And you know, since I'm not working I'm super tight on spending hundreds of dollars on ANYTHING.  But I need to do this for myself.

That's my extensive March update.  Monthly check-in is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment