Friday, March 30, 2012

True Stories of Foolishness - the retail edition

This is what happens when you call a big box store looking for assistance.

And, go.



Guy: This is Mark how can I help you?
Me: I’m looking for Alice?
Guy:  Alice…she’s not here yet.
Me:  She called me this morning.
Guy: She doesn’t work in my department.
Me: Can you transfer me back to the front?
Guy:  OK
Tones dial in ear, but no call is being placed since he didn't hit the transfer button.
Guy:  Hold on.
Hold music plays
-----------------
Airy sound of talking through an overhead speaker…..
Me: Hello?
Girl:  How can I help you?
Me: Can you page Alice the fixer for me?
Girl: Yeah.
Hears the sound of the phone tones dialing in my ear.  This time the page button has not been hit so I'm listening to beep, boop, boop.
Girl (mouth far away from phone to another associate): How come it’s not calling it?
Phone disconnected.
And scene.  I had to call back and got someone else that could page Alice for me, and Alice herself was very knowledgeable and bright.  

No comments:

Post a Comment