So what's up with me? Let's see....
First - I made the Dean's list. Who saw that coming?? I certainly didn't! But yup, I skated out of the fall semester with three A's and a B in drawing. Not a B- but a full on B in drawing!! Whaaaat????
And I did say I would do a before and after...I need to gather the drawings.
Next up - work, or lack thereof. My unemployment runs out soon and finding a job with this commute and workload has been difficult to say the least. But let me tell you again in case you had any doubts that my God is an on-time God. He provides when you need it. Two questions and one week later I am the recipient of a paid internship offer. Literally.
I asked about job resources at school on a Tuesday. On Tuesday afternoon before I got home I had a message on my answering machine (are those called voicemails or just messages???) Tuesday afternoon I had a phone screen and an appointment for Thursday. Thursday I had an interview and emailed to follow up. The following Tuesday I had an offer.
On-time. Grateful. Nervous as hell.
Onto anything and everything craft related. *crickets*
I kid you not, I have been spending my free time preparing for next semester by viewing Lynda tutorials and creating design projects for myself because I need a portfolio. And reading for fun, but not too much. And sleeping because sadness will sap your energy like a full day in the sun, and sleep, although helpful, doesn't help much. It's not restful at all, it just keeps you from running down your immune system so much you don't get sick.
Fitness - I was gifted T25. We (me and Mr. A) need to get on it. But no, I've done nothing fitness wise since August. Maybe I'll hop on the treadmill since it looks like a poor, neglected stepchild and I feel like the poor, neglected stepchild. I ran up the stairs and had to stop because I was winded. 16 steps. Pitiful.
Circling back - I found two pictures that demonstrate the enormous leap I made in drawing.
This first one is an assignment from week 2 (end of August) in which we had to pick five people to draw. I got a 72 on it and thought I was doomed to fail the class because surely everything would get harder and I would continue to suck.
And just so you know, the upper right drawing was a lady that I was making decent progress on....and then she paid her check and left the restaurant! At that point I kind of had to make it up and as you can see making it up was AWWWWFULLL!!! LOL. In fact, they're all pretty awful because I had absolutely NO CLUE what I was doing.
This second drawing is from assignment 9 which ended up being the last week of October. By this point I had turned in a few okay assignments and had finally understood what the teacher meant about just getting in there and drawing a bunch of stuff. You don't get better until you just suck it up and do it. And when you're at a point where two months before just the idea of you drawing something that resembles your subject is a pipe dream, this below is freaking amazing. I was so pleased with myself when I was done and realized that I do enjoy drawing so long as it's not under stressful circumstances, which every bit of this class was.
So let's look at that time line again. We're talking nine weeks from the drawing above to the drawing below. NINE WEEKS.
That's it for my long, drawn out update.
If you're still reading, I hope you had a merry Christmas and a have a happy New Year. I'll see you in 2014....you know....if you choose to come back for more. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment