Happy new year!
I know we are 9 days in but it's still very early in the year to be too late to wish you good tidings. Plus, today is one of my BFF's birthday's so I'm feeling the joy and want to share it.
So what have I been up to?
My family suffered a major loss last month so I spent a lot of time during break sleeping off sadness instead of working. And with that change of plans and a major shift in focus I didn't get as much self teaching done as I had planned. I did end up reading a ton of books, some of which had lighthearted plots and happy endings, so when I wasn't sleeping I was trying to lifting my spirits.
Last week (first week of Jan) Mr. A and I started T25. And like clockwork something knocks me off my game. Pain is keeping me from moving around much (not T25 related) but if you are thinking about doing it know that even though it's not as intensive as Insanity it can still be hard on the knees. Tania is there as the modifier, but the first time watching it's difficult to know what to do because they don't always cut to her early in the sequence.
It would've been nice if Tania's modified moves were in a little separate window so you could follow her at all times, but whatever. We'll probably pick this back up mid next week. The week after at the latest.
Today, even though, or because of (not sure which) being in pain I did two short yoga videos I found on YouTube. The best way to describe me would be stiff and inflexible. SMH and LOL. So disappointed. I'm promising myself that I will keep at it though because I want the strength and flexibility back. They also seemed to help in the moment to reduce pain so that's a plus too.
Classes start next week. Scared and excited.
Starting this month I'm going to get back to monthly check in's and doing more than just general update posts. I don't know if I'll be crafting, but at minimum I should be checking in with fitness updates.
At least I'll try.
I know we are 9 days in but it's still very early in the year to be too late to wish you good tidings. Plus, today is one of my BFF's birthday's so I'm feeling the joy and want to share it.
So what have I been up to?
My family suffered a major loss last month so I spent a lot of time during break sleeping off sadness instead of working. And with that change of plans and a major shift in focus I didn't get as much self teaching done as I had planned. I did end up reading a ton of books, some of which had lighthearted plots and happy endings, so when I wasn't sleeping I was trying to lifting my spirits.
Last week (first week of Jan) Mr. A and I started T25. And like clockwork something knocks me off my game. Pain is keeping me from moving around much (not T25 related) but if you are thinking about doing it know that even though it's not as intensive as Insanity it can still be hard on the knees. Tania is there as the modifier, but the first time watching it's difficult to know what to do because they don't always cut to her early in the sequence.
It would've been nice if Tania's modified moves were in a little separate window so you could follow her at all times, but whatever. We'll probably pick this back up mid next week. The week after at the latest.
Today, even though, or because of (not sure which) being in pain I did two short yoga videos I found on YouTube. The best way to describe me would be stiff and inflexible. SMH and LOL. So disappointed. I'm promising myself that I will keep at it though because I want the strength and flexibility back. They also seemed to help in the moment to reduce pain so that's a plus too.
Classes start next week. Scared and excited.
Starting this month I'm going to get back to monthly check in's and doing more than just general update posts. I don't know if I'll be crafting, but at minimum I should be checking in with fitness updates.
At least I'll try.
No comments:
Post a Comment