Monday, December 12, 2011

Deck the halls


So like I said last post I was going to try and make those lovely glitter ornaments. And I did.  Aside from paper sticking to one of them I think they came out fantabulous, if I do say so myself.

Here's all the supplies I used. Pledge floor cleaner,clear ornaments, glitter, rubber gloves and some newspaper to keep the cleaner off of the table.


So you wanna see how they turned out?


Nice right?  I know!  The Mr. asked if next year we could not have glass ornaments because we are not delicate folks. My new mission is finding clear ornaments without the seam for a consistent look.

Let's have one last shot of an almost finished project. I love the colors in these!!!



In addition to the ornaments, I whipped up a pillowcase for myself.  I've been sleeping on a common cotton pillowcase and any natural girl that pays the slightest bit of attention to her hair will tell you this is not the move (so yes, as a distracting side note, I do still speak in slang of decades past).  So while I was out buying the ingredients for the wonderful chicken stew I got from my Bajan buddy, I swung past Jo-Ann's and picked up some satin.

I took my current pillow case, laid it along the fold then pulled it to the left about an inch.  I also pulled it up about 2 inches to give myself  a seam allowance. Then I pinned, straight seam, zig zag seam.  I want to do an overlocking stitch, but I have other things to do today as well so maybe I'll come back to it another day.

The results?

I'm pleased with myself.  After I washed it the top frayed a bit and I see it's like an inch too short!  Grrrr.  NO worries though because I will be doing this again!!  (By the by, satin is pretty hard to photograph nicely in artificial light.)

I've had an up and down kind of weekend.  One of my phone jacks stopped working and I spent almost 6 hours fiddling with it Friday.  I spent 6 hours on my hair Saturday (details and pics in another post to come) and today I did ornaments, pillowcase AND chicken stew.  Of course, I had to miss my friends cookie swap to make this happen.  :(  But considering that I've had pain in both legs pretty much all weekend I think it might be best that I didn't go. I require heat and comfort and I don't think she wants to jack her thermostat up to 80 degrees just to see me still wincing in pain whenever I move around because I just can't get comfortable.

All in all, this weekend was a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment