Oh. My. God.
And no, the next words are not "Becky, do you see her butt"?
More like my butt is tired!
My town recently had a performance athletic center open up and they offer CrossFit style fitness at CrossFit prices (read: pricey). I committed to myself to go for the next couple of months to make sure I'm getting my form down and learning good stretches and technique. Plus my sister is getting married in less than 365 days and I need to get rid of this stubborn belly fat I have (not) working for me.
By the time I was done on Wednesday I thought I was going to puke. I didn't, but I did go home, scarf down a dinner I can't remember and promptly fall out on the sofa. Mr. A woke me up and told me to go shower and go to bed, which I did.
Today was my day 2 and official sign up day. I made it through the workout even though it was definitely hard. The beauty of it is that I love deadlifts. I just never thought I'd do 21 of them in a row. :S
I did flake out on the 250 crunches. My arms were super weak and not cooperating to be lifted for any reason. I picked up with the bird dogs and finished up strong after that.
I'm going to be super sore tomorrow....and it's 3 hours later and I still have jelly arms and need a shower. Don't judge me.
As bad as it hurts, I'm enjoying it for now. I need to work on my non-existent hip flexibility. I think I can go in on Saturdays and work specifically on that. The goal is 3X a week to start and if I ever feel like I'm rebounding well enough to go four times a week. Of course with the price, I'm only planning on doing this for three months tops, but I'm hoping by the 6 week mark I can feel myself making progress.
We shall see.
Oh, and for safekeeping:
Deads: 65lbs (I can go higher but need to work on my form a bit)
Overhead Press: started with 35lbs and dropped to 18 in the middle of set 2 so I could get through it.
Bench: 35lbs. I have no arm strength but cranked out 2 sets of 11 and one set of 12 on a max rep run.
And no, the next words are not "Becky, do you see her butt"?
More like my butt is tired!
My town recently had a performance athletic center open up and they offer CrossFit style fitness at CrossFit prices (read: pricey). I committed to myself to go for the next couple of months to make sure I'm getting my form down and learning good stretches and technique. Plus my sister is getting married in less than 365 days and I need to get rid of this stubborn belly fat I have (not) working for me.
By the time I was done on Wednesday I thought I was going to puke. I didn't, but I did go home, scarf down a dinner I can't remember and promptly fall out on the sofa. Mr. A woke me up and told me to go shower and go to bed, which I did.
Today was my day 2 and official sign up day. I made it through the workout even though it was definitely hard. The beauty of it is that I love deadlifts. I just never thought I'd do 21 of them in a row. :S
I did flake out on the 250 crunches. My arms were super weak and not cooperating to be lifted for any reason. I picked up with the bird dogs and finished up strong after that.
I'm going to be super sore tomorrow....and it's 3 hours later and I still have jelly arms and need a shower. Don't judge me.
As bad as it hurts, I'm enjoying it for now. I need to work on my non-existent hip flexibility. I think I can go in on Saturdays and work specifically on that. The goal is 3X a week to start and if I ever feel like I'm rebounding well enough to go four times a week. Of course with the price, I'm only planning on doing this for three months tops, but I'm hoping by the 6 week mark I can feel myself making progress.
We shall see.
Oh, and for safekeeping:
Deads: 65lbs (I can go higher but need to work on my form a bit)
Overhead Press: started with 35lbs and dropped to 18 in the middle of set 2 so I could get through it.
Bench: 35lbs. I have no arm strength but cranked out 2 sets of 11 and one set of 12 on a max rep run.
No comments:
Post a Comment