Wednesday, July 18, 2012

In flux

I feel like Aaliyah.  Back, back forth and forth.

For every step forward I make, there is always some slippage dragging me back down.



As far as food goes, I'm almost positive I have pics from Wed, Thurs and Friday of last week.  But while checking on reviews for a shopping website I picked up a back door trojan that corrupted the boot sector of my laptop and I don't have a recovery disk.  So I have to order one.

Yes, I'm currently on a desktop but this is no longer my favorite place to be.  This is like my emergency computer and I don't do anything but piddle on Photoshop and Inkscape on here.  There's no slot to put my memory card in and I don't feel like unhooking my phone cable to bring it up here to transfer files, so when I get my laptop fixed I'll pick up where I left off. #firstworldproblems, I know

You know what else is in flux besides my computer status? Me not having a gym.  I cancelled my membership to my rapidly expanding, $10-a-month almost 24/7 gym because it just wasn't the type of place I was comfortable in.  The 100 or so cardio machines and 20 or pulley weight machines and the I-don't-know-what-they-are-supposed-to-do-but-they-look-useless ab circle??  Not my speed.

Give me a rack, a barbell, some plates and some direction and let me lift.  Lucky for me there's a new gym in the area that's more of a Crossfit type place, but they have a pretty significant free weight section.  As soon as I sign up there I'll be on the move again.  So hopefully by Monday we'll have some progress on that front.

What else....hmm....I've read more books in the last 30 days than I have in the last 5 years.  Proud of that. 

My hair misses my regular girl.  Gotta get in to see her soon.  I think I'm going to spend the next 2 or 3 weeks undone and free.  I might even become a challenge to keep it out, detangled and puffed up until I go see her for the appointment I scheduled at the end of August.

Oh!  I tried to take my camera and photograph the Blue Ridge Parkway, but since I haven't seriously lifted it all year I forgot the memory card for it and couldn't take a single picture.  The parkway was foggy due to rain and would've made for some awesome shots.  This is how you know I'm no professional.

Until next time, hopefully next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment