Tuesday, October 23, 2012

And They All Come Crashing Down

Personal bests that is. Or maybe I should say and the big one goes up.

:)

Today was an great workout. I haven't ever gone above a 95lb deadlift mainly out of fear. I don't know why because I love them.  But still, never over 95lbs.

Today we did the workout below. My max weight on deads was 155lbs (NEW RECORD!!!)

For the second part I stopped at 8 reps. Since it was an incremental workout it means I did 36 reps at 95lbs which was my starting weight for the max weight portion of the workout. (1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8)

I had another set in me but I forgot my gloves and my hands started to rebel.:(  Next time.


So in case you can't read the workout -

Squats, pull ups, push ups, chin ups, dips 3 sets of 10 each
Downward dog, spider stretch, 60 second plank (which we skipped)

Dumbbell press 3 sets of 3 reps- 20lbs for me

WOD
3/4 bodyweight (I started at 95lbs) Deads.  Add 5lbs per side after each rep.
I went 6 rounds to finish at 155

Deads incremental - add 1 rep every minute until you run out of time or just can't do anymore.
I made it to 8 reps and my hands gave out. :(  I wanted to get to ten.

All in all, a good day.

#prettypleased

No comments:

Post a Comment