Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Whole Truth

The truth of the matter is that for me, as much as I like getting my thoughts down via blog, I suck at doing it consistently.  I think about it, but then always move on to doing something else because it's faster.  In case you didn't know, I'm not very good at coordinating my own personal schedule so I can't designate a time to site and blog because, well...I get distracted really easily.

So what does that mean?

Not a damn thing. I'm committed to doing better with the consistent blogging and I'm hoping I'll see some progress as time goes on. Not just with blogging though, but with all my crafty and fitness endeavors.

Where does that leave today's post?  With a fitness update of course.

I started taking pictures of the board because it's easier than trying to remember what I did.  So here is yesterday's workout. I'll tell you what the abbreviations are:

JJ-jumping jacks, quad rot-quad rotations, quad hip ad- quad hip abductor, db shrug - dumb bell shrugs, MB clean- medicine ball clean, the down arrow dog would be downward dog and yes, all that top portion is just the warmup.  I faint every day.  (I keed, I keed)

I finished this workout in 32:35 doing my cleans with 55lbs and my deads with 95. I know my max on deads is higher, but I try to challenge myself and still be able to finish the workout. After 21 cleans, deads and 21 pull ups, lifting 95lbs again wasn't easy.

What other great thing do I have to share?  Well, I got Mr. A, the video game loving, workout hating, car riding man that he is to sign up for a trial of CrossFit so he can go with me. He's been there three times so far and he hates every second of it.  LOL. That's okay.  I hope that he'll start to see the benefits in a few weeks just like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment