Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Tuesday workout recap

Hello there!

So I'm making some progress. I went to the gym Monday and Tuesday.  Today is a rest day.

I think my cold is finally gone because I can't smell it anymore. Is that gross?  That I can smell the congestion when I'm sick?  It's true though. Lucky for me it's not a bad smell, it's just distinct. Doesn't smell like anything else so when I get a whiff I automatically know what's up.

You know what else?

I didn't get dizzy or feel like I was going to pass out.  This is a win.

Truth:  I was pretty short of breath after the warmup which was a 10 minute row. But I didn't stop. I just pysch myself up by mentally breaking it up into quarters.

After the warmup I did a circuit (25-15-10 reps of each) of full bodies, push ups, and dips.  Did I mention it was upper body day?

So full bodies go as follows: Feet shoulder width apart. Pick up the weight or barbell like you would start a deadlift.  The next movement is raising it like you're going to clean, but move into an overhead press instead.  Bring the barbell behind your head and once the bar hits your shoulders you squat.  On the way up the barbell comes back over your head and back down towards the floor.

That's one.

I promise it wasn't so bad. I actually enjoyed that part. What I don't enjoy is the DOMS that has invaded my body.  My shoulders hurt in places they never hurt before.  That and pushups.  I HAAAAATE pushups.  I'm a weakling up top. 

(True story:  Way back in our dating days Mr. A and I used to wrestle.  I would win every time so long as I could get him in a leg lock.  He could not get out of that.  But, if I had to go hand to hand and use my upper body strength I had 0 for a win percentage.) 

Oddly enough despite my weak upper body the dips weren't too bad.  I only had to break during the set of 25 and I stopped around the 20 mark. 

So far so good.  I like this gym. I like the owner.  I like that I might get to learn to throw a punch properly.  Hopefully I can find a way to continue going after these first two months are up.  I need to find something to barter with.....maybe I can run their social media accounts? 

I don't know. I'll think of something though.  I don't think I want to give this place up.

Off to bed for me.  I'm shooting for waking up at a normal hour (7:30) and getting to the gym by 9.  I'm not a morning person by any means, but I need a routine and right now this is all I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment