Sunday, August 25, 2013

You Know What This Is -

It's a celebration (censored)!! 

Whoa, whoa, whoa!  Happy 100th post to me!!  I'm not nearly as consistent as I'd like to be with this blogging thing, but I'm hanging in. 

But I'm celebrating something even more important than that.

Mr. A and I have been married for SIX WHOLE YEARS (swoon).

This year we were supposed to take a weekend trip to the mountains, but me not working put the kibosh on that.  Instead I got him a nice little gift from our favorite San Francisco store and a card.

Even though money is tight we're good in all the ways that matter.  That's the thing I care about most.

So what's changed after six years of marriage?  Nothing. 

Here's a reality.  You should know the person you are marrying so well that nothing changes after you say 'I do'.  If you haven't taken enough time or done your due diligence sometimes you discover folks were putting on Oscar worthy performances to sink their hooks into your life.   Getting those hooks out can be pretty damn hard to do too.

Now I'm not saying there shouldn't be wonder and/or romance (preferably both), but you should know a person down to their core.  Likes, dislikes, wants, needs, quirks, habits, allergies, driving style, impulsiveness meter, gaming habits, health issues, religion, credit issues, kids or no kids, pets or no pets, how many kids, how many pets, kids and pets together, how many pets per kid, what type of pets...you get the picture. 

Oddly enough after all this time I don't know this dude's favorite color.  I'm not even entirely sure he has one, but that type of information is no where near deal breaker status.

I have become so settled in this relationship that I know it is exactly where I was meant to be for these many moons of my life.  He is who he is, but he helps make me who I am and I can say with some certainty I do that for him as well.  There is no ego between us.  It's just us.  How it's supposed to be.

Now excuse me while we go act a fool getting high on happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment