Good day, good people!
So I have a little story to tell you and it starts with this. Vitamix, the corporation that makes the wonderful, fabulous Vitamix blender that can last 30+ years ( for real-check eBay for old ones. People sell vintage 60's and 70's Vitamixes that still work, but I digress) has a medical necessity program.
In this program your doctor writes you a note stating simply that a Vitamix would be beneficial to reaching your health goals by assisting in the creation of healthy meals either on a script pad, or on office letterhead. You call a special V-number for a referral. You fax your note over with the referral. The rep calls you back and asks you some stuff (I'm paraphrasing the experience of a friend here so forgive the lack of detail). You pay your $100 off price for a fully restored, fully warrantied refurb blender.
YYEEESSSSSSSS!
Easy, right? That's what I thought. Then the bottom fell out.
My doctor's office called and told me she wouldn't right the note because "any blender will do".
Any blender??? Will do?? Clearly they are not familiar with the magnificence that is a Vitamix! Peasants!!
I was angry and annoyed. Yes, both angry AND annoyed because they are two very separate emotions. I was miffed. I'm still pissed! I went on about my business venting to my friends and family about how the doctor's office wouldn't save me $100 on the price of this long term investment.
A week goes by.....two weeks. I almost have enough money to order my precious and then......one morning at the end of mixing up my fruity breakfast smoothie goodness........my blender dies. Gave up the ghost, smoke out the base, won't even turn on d.e.a.d. And I don't have a replacement. And I have a smoothie for breakast every morning.
*enter dramatic crying and throwing of oneself on the floor hysterics here*
It's been a week and let me tell you that in this week I've noticed very quickly how the forced diet change is affecting me. My lips are beginning to chap again (see last post for the reference). My energy levels are decreasing. I work 5 minutues from home and I'm getting up later and later. I did Insanity's Cardio Circut on the 8th and if not for Mr. A it would've been a wrap long before the warmup was even done.
I needs my Vitamix man. I needs it. LOL. Last Friday I finally had enough cash to send away for my magnificence. And when it arrives I will post pictures of my first meal prepared in it. I'm that excited.
But seriously, if you're thinking about purchasing a Vitamix google the medical necessity program. It's a real thing that many people are taking advantage of. I doubt you'll regret it.
So I have a little story to tell you and it starts with this. Vitamix, the corporation that makes the wonderful, fabulous Vitamix blender that can last 30+ years ( for real-check eBay for old ones. People sell vintage 60's and 70's Vitamixes that still work, but I digress) has a medical necessity program.
In this program your doctor writes you a note stating simply that a Vitamix would be beneficial to reaching your health goals by assisting in the creation of healthy meals either on a script pad, or on office letterhead. You call a special V-number for a referral. You fax your note over with the referral. The rep calls you back and asks you some stuff (I'm paraphrasing the experience of a friend here so forgive the lack of detail). You pay your $100 off price for a fully restored, fully warrantied refurb blender.
YYEEESSSSSSSS!
Easy, right? That's what I thought. Then the bottom fell out.
My doctor's office called and told me she wouldn't right the note because "any blender will do".
Any blender??? Will do?? Clearly they are not familiar with the magnificence that is a Vitamix! Peasants!!
I was angry and annoyed. Yes, both angry AND annoyed because they are two very separate emotions. I was miffed. I'm still pissed! I went on about my business venting to my friends and family about how the doctor's office wouldn't save me $100 on the price of this long term investment.
A week goes by.....two weeks. I almost have enough money to order my precious and then......one morning at the end of mixing up my fruity breakfast smoothie goodness........my blender dies. Gave up the ghost, smoke out the base, won't even turn on d.e.a.d. And I don't have a replacement. And I have a smoothie for breakast every morning.
*enter dramatic crying and throwing of oneself on the floor hysterics here*
It's been a week and let me tell you that in this week I've noticed very quickly how the forced diet change is affecting me. My lips are beginning to chap again (see last post for the reference). My energy levels are decreasing. I work 5 minutues from home and I'm getting up later and later. I did Insanity's Cardio Circut on the 8th and if not for Mr. A it would've been a wrap long before the warmup was even done.
I needs my Vitamix man. I needs it. LOL. Last Friday I finally had enough cash to send away for my magnificence. And when it arrives I will post pictures of my first meal prepared in it. I'm that excited.
But seriously, if you're thinking about purchasing a Vitamix google the medical necessity program. It's a real thing that many people are taking advantage of. I doubt you'll regret it.
No comments:
Post a Comment