In a break from our regularly scheduled sewing program I have to tell y'all (the 4 of you that visit) that I about fell off the sofa and passed out with surprise about 10 minutes ago.
Why?
I'm a loafers girl. Always have been, always will be. Heels are nice, but hey, if needed I can flat out sprint in a good pair of loafers.
My all time favorite? Suede Hush Puppies. $65.00 in 1999. I had a pair in black. They were super comfortable and quite frankly the coolest shoes I'd had the pleasure of owning in my 23 years of life. So cool and so comfortable I ran them sucka's into the ground, then held on to them for like, seven years out of sentimentality.
I was so upset when they discontinued the loafers I contacted Hush Puppies and let them know this style of shoe was classic and I was sad to see it go. I loved them and I was terribly disappointed as a customer. Yeah, I did that.
So imagine my surprise when I was shopping a discount site and came upon these bad boys:
*audible gasp*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Yes, this was my EXACT REACTION when I saw my beloved loafers on sale once again. I just picked up a black pair. I'm going to get the color above and I'm thinking about the navy as well. In fact, any sensible color is getting scooped up (that includes the red ones). In fact, if they go all in and bring back the color combos (white/black, black/tan) I'm gonna LOSE MY MIND.
I'm so happy. I can't wait until they arrive. I wish I had more money to get like 10 pairs of each because trust me I would. And I'd store them in my closet in the boxes with pictures on the outside so I know what color they are (even if it says it on the box) just like Kimora does.
And with that, I need to wind down so I can go to bed.
Hush Puppies, I love you. Please don't leave me again. Mwah....mwah!!
Why?
I'm a loafers girl. Always have been, always will be. Heels are nice, but hey, if needed I can flat out sprint in a good pair of loafers.
My all time favorite? Suede Hush Puppies. $65.00 in 1999. I had a pair in black. They were super comfortable and quite frankly the coolest shoes I'd had the pleasure of owning in my 23 years of life. So cool and so comfortable I ran them sucka's into the ground, then held on to them for like, seven years out of sentimentality.
I was so upset when they discontinued the loafers I contacted Hush Puppies and let them know this style of shoe was classic and I was sad to see it go. I loved them and I was terribly disappointed as a customer. Yeah, I did that.
So imagine my surprise when I was shopping a discount site and came upon these bad boys:
![]() | ||
| Hush Puppies Heirloom in Taupe |
*audible gasp*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Yes, this was my EXACT REACTION when I saw my beloved loafers on sale once again. I just picked up a black pair. I'm going to get the color above and I'm thinking about the navy as well. In fact, any sensible color is getting scooped up (that includes the red ones). In fact, if they go all in and bring back the color combos (white/black, black/tan) I'm gonna LOSE MY MIND.
I'm so happy. I can't wait until they arrive. I wish I had more money to get like 10 pairs of each because trust me I would. And I'd store them in my closet in the boxes with pictures on the outside so I know what color they are (even if it says it on the box) just like Kimora does.
And with that, I need to wind down so I can go to bed.
Hush Puppies, I love you. Please don't leave me again. Mwah....mwah!!

No comments:
Post a Comment