Wednesday, January 25, 2012

And another one...

So a few days ago I cranked out that top I was so happy about making.  You know, this one.



And I did.  I made it.  Wrong again because of my lack of understanding about single fold bias tape but made nonetheless!!  Of course, it's not perfect, but I still love it.  The front neck drapes forward I think because of the weight of the bias tape.  :(  I'm not sure how to fix that but I'll address it when I make the NEXT one, because yes indeed, there will be another!!


Now, onto the review!

Project Details:

Pattern: McCall's 6359, Tunic A (shirt on the left)
Fabric: Lightweight Fabrics Such as Crepe de Chine, Silk Crepe, Challis, Jersey, Cotton Knits.
Notions: single fold bias tape


Description: Women's tunic fitted at bust

Pattern Sizing:6-16 . I cut the size 14.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing it? Yes!!!  Woohoo!!

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes.  The first time I made this I was overjoyed that I was able to do the topstitching and it look nice. And darts!  This pattern was my first with successful darts!!  Once again, same result!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Easy, easy, easy!!  Any novice can do it.

Fabric used: slub knit jersey

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:I used double fold bias tape because when I went to the store I couldn't remember which one or what size I needed.  Duh.  So the bias tape shows, but it doesn't look bad.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, yes and more yes!  I'm going to keep making this shirt until I get it right, and in a bunch of different colors because it's a great summer top.

Conclusion:  Buy it, make it, love it!

And here it is:



No comments:

Post a Comment