I need to figure out another title for these posts. Calling them vacation challenge #XX is ok, but blah. What happens if I do this again for my trip in August?
Anyway, I wanted to show you what I've been working on. I've been doing a lot more slacking than working. Some of that is actual intentional slacking and some of it was conflicts in timing. Either way, I haven't made much progress at all.
I decided to buckle down and get something done, so I went with a pattern that was already cut.
It was this one:
Let me say as a whole sewing pants and shorts aren't that difficult when you have clear, easy instructions. The instructions on these things weren't great. I don't like how the pockets are constructed so I'm going to see about finding a less complicated method.
Since this isn't a completed project pattern review I won't give all the commentary I normally would. But I will show you how far I've gotten:
I'm going to end up with three or four of these because they are so easy to make and unbelievably comfortable.
Anyway, I wanted to show you what I've been working on. I've been doing a lot more slacking than working. Some of that is actual intentional slacking and some of it was conflicts in timing. Either way, I haven't made much progress at all.
I decided to buckle down and get something done, so I went with a pattern that was already cut.
It was this one:
Let me say as a whole sewing pants and shorts aren't that difficult when you have clear, easy instructions. The instructions on these things weren't great. I don't like how the pockets are constructed so I'm going to see about finding a less complicated method.
Since this isn't a completed project pattern review I won't give all the commentary I normally would. But I will show you how far I've gotten:
They'll fit great once I get the casing on and have them hemmed. But if you look closely you can see what my problem is. I have a very hard time making sure all my seams allow my right sides to face outward. I've had this issue since I started sewing and I need to come up with key things to look for to know yes or no, this is being done correctly.
I've decided that any pants/shorts are now being pushed to the end of the line. I wrote notes on my muslin to remind me of what I need to do.
- Sew the casing
- Find an alternative method for the pockets
- Lightweight denim, khaki or linen like
I'm going to end up with three or four of these because they are so easy to make and unbelievably comfortable.


No comments:
Post a Comment