(I'm not re-writing this post, just adding to it. The new stuff is in purple. :)
Alright, alright alright!!!
I’ve done it. I narrowed down the patterns I’m going to make for the vacation challenge. Yes, I do realize I’ve already started the challenge and have already made three items, but I’m not going to go keep half-assing it through this exercise and end up without a single complete outfit.
I’m going to list the remaining items by pattern vendor and with picture. If I were really anal I’d tell you what color each piece would be. I don’t have a real plan for fabric yet, I’m just happy to not have to worry about buying too many more patterns for this (another blog post on pattern hoarding will come at a later date – Jesus help me now!). I do still need a true blue tank top pattern, but I think I’ve seen one, I just need to go back into my lists and look around.
So, up first, simply because there are less of these – Simplicity/New Look Patterns
Alright, alright alright!!!
I’ve done it. I narrowed down the patterns I’m going to make for the vacation challenge. Yes, I do realize I’ve already started the challenge and have already made three items, but I’m not going to go keep half-assing it through this exercise and end up without a single complete outfit.
I’m going to list the remaining items by pattern vendor and with picture. If I were really anal I’d tell you what color each piece would be. I don’t have a real plan for fabric yet, I’m just happy to not have to worry about buying too many more patterns for this (another blog post on pattern hoarding will come at a later date – Jesus help me now!). I do still need a true blue tank top pattern, but I think I’ve seen one, I just need to go back into my lists and look around.
So, up first, simply because there are less of these – Simplicity/New Look Patterns
Simplicity Sew Simple – 1984 – bolero jacket
Simplicity 3796 – Shorts and skirt (views B and F)
New Look 6091 - dress, (View A)
New Look 6648 - Tunic (view A and B)
New Look 6354 – shorts view C and possibly A pants)
View F - bottom skirt DONE
View F - bottom skirt DONE
McCall’s Patterns
McCall’s 5391 – shorts (views D, and either E or F)
McCall’s 6034 – tunic (views A and B)
McCall’s 6083 – jumpsuit (view E, maybe view A)
McCall’s 6359 - Tunic (view A) DONE
McCall’s 6474 – Pajamas (view F, maybe View B)
Bonus: McCall’s 6292 – Jacket (View A)
I have already made M6359 and I absolutely love it. I made it in a
white slub knit. It was too big and pretty much see through,
but it’s freakin’ awesome. Then I found
black slub knit back in October and bought maybe 3 or 4 yards, so yes,
I’m
ready to hit the tunic again. It is one
of the most comfortable items I own even though I used the wrong kind of
tape
on it. Lesson learned. (But not really since I used the wrong tape second time around as well. This sewing thing is a continual learning evolutionary process.)
So if you’re keeping count above that’s 4 pair of shorts, one skirt (make that two), a jumpsuit - possibly two, at least three tops, four if I find a good tank (which I did and need to add to the list), pajamas, a bolero and a jacket. I also have one other maybe pattern I’m not including here. It’s a mini dress. If I don’t find a fabric I like I’m not making it and that’s the only reason it’s not on the list. (so I found a fabric approved by the mister and I'm going to work on that soon as well. It's the 6091.)
This looks like more than enough to me (yet, I keep adding things!). I have some fabric to get started on some of these, not necessarily in the order I see in my head, but as long as I can get started that’s all that matters. I just have to remember it’s not always going to be perfect; I just need to take my time and do my best. Google and YouTube are my best friends.
So if you’re keeping count above that’s 4 pair of shorts, one skirt (make that two), a jumpsuit - possibly two, at least three tops, four if I find a good tank (which I did and need to add to the list), pajamas, a bolero and a jacket. I also have one other maybe pattern I’m not including here. It’s a mini dress. If I don’t find a fabric I like I’m not making it and that’s the only reason it’s not on the list. (so I found a fabric approved by the mister and I'm going to work on that soon as well. It's the 6091.)
This looks like more than enough to me (yet, I keep adding things!). I have some fabric to get started on some of these, not necessarily in the order I see in my head, but as long as I can get started that’s all that matters. I just have to remember it’s not always going to be perfect; I just need to take my time and do my best. Google and YouTube are my best friends.











No comments:
Post a Comment