I'm working on a schedule so I'm not just randomly posting and then nothing for weeks, but it's taking me a bit to settle into any type of routine. For that, my apologies.
I posted the weekcap from week 1 at the gym and I guess that's how I'll try to maintain going forward While this recap is going to post on Friday, it will not contain results from how I felt after working out Friday. I might get around to updating that, but only if something spectacular happens so no breath holding.
This week at the gym was a little harder. There was almost as much enthusiasm. I'm getting more and more comfortable going in and doing what I do but I am a stickler for routine. I like to get up and go first thing in the morning and I don't like that being interrupted.
Monday was uneventful except for the soreness I cannot get away from.
Tuesday saw a schedule change and believe me I felt it from the moment I stepped through the door. I am not an AM runner, but let me get in and knock out some squats at 8AM and I'm a happy camper. LOL. I feel like I kind of struggled through the routine, but I have to admit, my mind was elsewhere, trying to unfocus on the appointment that caused me to show up to the gym three hours later than I like to go.
Wednesday - BLESSED REST DAY! Except I didn't get to rest. I was up at 7, had breakfast, dressed and showered for a 10AM hair appointment. When that was over I headed to a staffing agency because a girl has to get a job at some point, right? All kinds of issues Wednesday - bad weather, phone almost dying, miscommunications, fear of missed appointments, my first Chipotle experience (YUM), wasted money on a car charger*, and almost being run off the road by an idiot about two minutes before seeing a tractor trailer wedged into some bushes on the highway that I didn't know one could fit into. Yikes!
Thursday was thankfully normal. Went in and knocked it out from warmup to cool down in about an hour and 15 minutes. I think part of my achiness is due to not eating and sleeping enough so rather than coming home and trying to do much of anything I curled up underneath a blanket and slept for almost two hours. That was a gooood nap. LOL
This morning...Friday...I'm prepopulating here so this is all speculation. I got into the gym early today (6:30) so I could get done and start the weekend. Mr. A is off and there is no better time to me than spending it with him. So yeah, in and out. Second day leg work went smoothly. No surprises or hiccups.
Looking back over the week I took a couple of exercises out because I'm really bad at them (dips and lunges) so beginning next week I need to replace those 6 sets across other moves that target those muscles. Once I build up some tricep strength I will try to work in the dips. I don't know about the lunges though. They just don't call to me. And I need to work in that extra cardio.....hmmm......Jesus help me.
Have a fabulous weekend! Hopefully next week I'll be able to share pictures with you!
*I bought a Duracell charger from Office Depot and plugged it in. My battery indicator turned green (for charging) and then said, 'no booboo, you can't use that and refused to charge. What it actually said was that the charger was not an OEM charger and could damage my phone and to unplug it. Then it refused to charge.
I posted the weekcap from week 1 at the gym and I guess that's how I'll try to maintain going forward While this recap is going to post on Friday, it will not contain results from how I felt after working out Friday. I might get around to updating that, but only if something spectacular happens so no breath holding.
This week at the gym was a little harder. There was almost as much enthusiasm. I'm getting more and more comfortable going in and doing what I do but I am a stickler for routine. I like to get up and go first thing in the morning and I don't like that being interrupted.
Monday was uneventful except for the soreness I cannot get away from.
Tuesday saw a schedule change and believe me I felt it from the moment I stepped through the door. I am not an AM runner, but let me get in and knock out some squats at 8AM and I'm a happy camper. LOL. I feel like I kind of struggled through the routine, but I have to admit, my mind was elsewhere, trying to unfocus on the appointment that caused me to show up to the gym three hours later than I like to go.
Wednesday - BLESSED REST DAY! Except I didn't get to rest. I was up at 7, had breakfast, dressed and showered for a 10AM hair appointment. When that was over I headed to a staffing agency because a girl has to get a job at some point, right? All kinds of issues Wednesday - bad weather, phone almost dying, miscommunications, fear of missed appointments, my first Chipotle experience (YUM), wasted money on a car charger*, and almost being run off the road by an idiot about two minutes before seeing a tractor trailer wedged into some bushes on the highway that I didn't know one could fit into. Yikes!
Thursday was thankfully normal. Went in and knocked it out from warmup to cool down in about an hour and 15 minutes. I think part of my achiness is due to not eating and sleeping enough so rather than coming home and trying to do much of anything I curled up underneath a blanket and slept for almost two hours. That was a gooood nap. LOL
This morning...Friday...I'm prepopulating here so this is all speculation. I got into the gym early today (6:30) so I could get done and start the weekend. Mr. A is off and there is no better time to me than spending it with him. So yeah, in and out. Second day leg work went smoothly. No surprises or hiccups.
Looking back over the week I took a couple of exercises out because I'm really bad at them (dips and lunges) so beginning next week I need to replace those 6 sets across other moves that target those muscles. Once I build up some tricep strength I will try to work in the dips. I don't know about the lunges though. They just don't call to me. And I need to work in that extra cardio.....hmmm......Jesus help me.
Have a fabulous weekend! Hopefully next week I'll be able to share pictures with you!
*I bought a Duracell charger from Office Depot and plugged it in. My battery indicator turned green (for charging) and then said, 'no booboo, you can't use that and refused to charge. What it actually said was that the charger was not an OEM charger and could damage my phone and to unplug it. Then it refused to charge.
No comments:
Post a Comment