After a nice long weekend where I went to the Aziz Ansari concert, the Biltmore estate, walked a ton, ate a fair amount and spent more money than I should have, I was back home and it was suddenly Monday again. And I was tired. And it was cold.
This morning I knew I wasn't going to the gym on time. I just knew it. I woke up freezing. When Mr. A was dressed and went downstairs to leave I tip toed out of the bed and turned the heat on upstairs. Then I went back to sleep for another 40 minutes. The time I'm normally arriving to the gym (7:30) I was just rolling out of bed.
Without a doubt, today was difficult. But it was more than just one reason. The cold played it's part and the weekend leftover fatigue played it's part as well. I'm also at the point of having to experiment with how much weight I'm lifting and how to progress. Should I progress everything in 5lb increments? Or should larger muscle groups be 10?
I've also been unbearably hungry for the last two weeks. Yes. That does mean pretty much from the day I started back to the gym I've been non-stop hungry. A friend made me realize today that I'm just not eating enough calories on top of not eating frequently enough.
Once upon a time....in high school.....when I was on two separate track teams I ate this much. Then I was running 4-5x per week, weights twice a week. Now I'm doing weights 4x per week and walking a mile + 5 minutes each day. After being a couch potato for the last decade or so I've gotten used to not taking up much space, not needing a lot of food to sustain me. This is changing.
My body is off kilter and I need to get on track with food intake. And I need to do it quick because I anticipate adding more cardio in when I hit phase 2 of this plan (weeks 5-8) in two weeks. So I have about 12 days to figure out the whens and hows of what my food intake is going to be and make a rough draft.
I guess I'd better get started.
This morning I knew I wasn't going to the gym on time. I just knew it. I woke up freezing. When Mr. A was dressed and went downstairs to leave I tip toed out of the bed and turned the heat on upstairs. Then I went back to sleep for another 40 minutes. The time I'm normally arriving to the gym (7:30) I was just rolling out of bed.
Without a doubt, today was difficult. But it was more than just one reason. The cold played it's part and the weekend leftover fatigue played it's part as well. I'm also at the point of having to experiment with how much weight I'm lifting and how to progress. Should I progress everything in 5lb increments? Or should larger muscle groups be 10?
I've also been unbearably hungry for the last two weeks. Yes. That does mean pretty much from the day I started back to the gym I've been non-stop hungry. A friend made me realize today that I'm just not eating enough calories on top of not eating frequently enough.
Once upon a time....in high school.....when I was on two separate track teams I ate this much. Then I was running 4-5x per week, weights twice a week. Now I'm doing weights 4x per week and walking a mile + 5 minutes each day. After being a couch potato for the last decade or so I've gotten used to not taking up much space, not needing a lot of food to sustain me. This is changing.
My body is off kilter and I need to get on track with food intake. And I need to do it quick because I anticipate adding more cardio in when I hit phase 2 of this plan (weeks 5-8) in two weeks. So I have about 12 days to figure out the whens and hows of what my food intake is going to be and make a rough draft.
I guess I'd better get started.
No comments:
Post a Comment